Design and Development
Website development costs vary greatly depending on the size and
the site and the demands made by content requirements, i.e. custom graphics,
imagery, database architecture and programming implementation.
Listed below are the individual elements that are part of every WebMasters'
website, along with a brief explanation of each.
Site Design and
- Site layout - organization of page hierarchy and associated links.
- Text and image layout - graphics, paragraph, and margin
formatting. May or may not include graphical text, columns,
- Custom color scheme - background graphic and text colors
designed to compliment existing client logo and/or other materials
received from client.
- Main graphic for home page - based on materials received from
- Graphical headers or navigational icons.
- Dynamic graphical elements - animated graphics or icons.
- Scanning and touch-up of photos.
- Image optimization. (minimizing file size of each image)
- Test copy and in-line graphics implemented
with page formatting, as determined in layout design.
- Hyperlinks to other pages, external sites or
- Browser compatibility checks to ensure site
functionality in a variety of popular browsers.
All forms are formatted to match the rest of the site and include
a cgi script which automatically emails results to your email
account and provides a confirmation page to your site visitor.
A basic information form includes data fields for "Name",
"Address", "Phone", "Fax", "E-Mail", and a box for suggestions.
Includes Perl, PHP, CGI, Java, C, C++, Delphi and other Rapid Application
WebMasters can work directly with your hosting service provider,
or you can host your site on our servers. We do not require
that you host your site with WebMasters. Our client websites
are served from Pentium II class Apache servers connected to
the internet via multiple T1 and D3 lines.
Website Hosting Fees range from $75-500/month billed quarterly and in advance (fee
adjusted according to allocated disk space).
Our Hosting Services include:
- Server disk space for web site files
- Dial-up account (Internet access) with local
phone numbers in the Delaware Valley
- FTP account (File Transfer Protocol)
- 1 Business mailbox ([email protected])*
- Up to 10 email alias accounts (e.g. [email protected];
[email protected]; etc) which are re-directed, behind the scenes, to
whatever mail address you designate.
- Nightly backup of all your data.
- 24/7 Server monitoring in a secure, alarmed facility.
- On-line statistical site traffic reports reflecting approximate
number of visits to the site, number of unique internet account names
accessing the site, number of visits per web page, distribution of
visitor domain types (e.g. .com, .gov, .edu, etc.)
- Both UNIX and Microsoft NT Servers (We support Microsoft Front Page
Server Extensions on all platforms)
* Additional accounts available
WebMasters strongly advises that each website use a unique
domain name. However, should the client decide not to
register a domain name, WebMasters will host the client
website in a subdirectory of the WebMasters.com domain
name. (example: http://www.webmast.com/companyname/)
Domain Name Registration:
- Verification of Domain Name Availability
- Submission of request for domain name to InterNIC
- Two years of registered domain name use
Domain Name Set-up: $50
Assignment of domain name to clients website account.
Site Promotion and Marketing
When your site is ready and published, we will
submit its address to over 300 search engines
and directories including: Yahoo!, MSN, Google, Alta Vista, Lycos,
Alta Vista, HotBot and more.
For more information on marketing options, please contact us.